Your new favourite top!
Sew your own jersey tops with this easy-to-use guide. This sewing pattern includes step-by-step photo instructions and helpful tips for stitching jersey on a regular sewing machine – no overlocker or serger required!
Agnes is a close-fitting jersey top, speedy to sew and simple to fit, finished with a narrow band at the neckline. Choose from long or cropped sleeves; plain or ruched sleeves; scoop neckline or ruched sweetheart neckline - eight possible combinations. Irresistibly wearable and endlessly versatile, Agnes is destined to become a wardrobe staple that you’ll make again and again!
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight stretch knit fabrics, such as cotton jersey, viscose jersey or wool jersey. Check that the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 25% wider than its original width.
- Fabric – 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 147cm (58in) wide for all sizes
OR 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 1-5
OR 2.3m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 6-8
- Matching thread
- 25cm (10in) x 6-8mm wide clear elastic, ribbon or stay tape to stabilise the shoulders
- Optional: 0.5m (20in) x 5mm wide woven or braided elastic for the ruched sleeves and neckline
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
SIZES (body measurements)
|1||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)