Please note: this pattern requires tracing because the printed pattern pieces overlap.
Midi, long or short skirt with haute couture details : buttoned closure in back, button loop fastening, long tie belt or fitted buttoned waistband. It features low-profile side pockets sitting forward of the seam. These give a laid-back flair to this chic model.
- Level: Intermediate (beginner-advanced)
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK).
- Waist measurement: 62 to 97 cm (24 to 38 inches)
- Seam allowances included (see quality chart)
- Bilingual English-French pattern
Paper pattern content :
- 1 pretty printed box
- 1 sheet 84 x 151 cm (> A0) with full-scale pattern (no superposition)
- 1 set of detailed assembly instructions illustrated with coloured photos
What you will learn with this pattern (find main techniques videos here) :
- Making French seams
- Sewing pockets on a skirt
- Create button loops
- Sewing an invisible zipper
Supplies for sizes 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK) :
- Fabric (midi skirt with long tie version): 210/210/210/220/230/230/240/240 cm x 140 cm wide (=83/83/83/87/91/91/95/95” x 55” wide) or 310/310/310/310/320/320/320/320 cm x 110 cm wide (=122/122/122/122/126/126/126/126” x 43” wide)
- Fitted waistband version : remove 50 cm (=19”) to Fabric lengths (all sizes and width)
- Short skirt version : remove 25 cm (=10”) to Fabric lengths (all sizes and width)
- Long skirt version : add 35 cm (=14”) to Fabric lengths (all sizes and width)
- Invisible zipper : min 20 cm (=8”)
- Buttons : max 11 x diameter 12 mm (=0.4”)
- Thin fusible interfacing : max 2 m (=78”)
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: very light to light (100-180 gsm or 3-6 oz.)
- Fabric: batiste, chambray, double gauze...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 10% max