Please note: this pattern requires tracing because the printed pattern pieces overlap.
Dress with pretty volumes and neatly defined waist, blousing or not. Back and front of the shoulders yoke are adorned with gathers, while those on the skirt provide a feminine volume. This button-front dress can be made either with 7/8 sleeves or short butterfly sleeves. Finished with French seams and taped seams. It can also be made as a blouse and as a long dress.
- Level: Advanced
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK).
- Bust measurement: 80 to 115 cm (31 to 45 inches)
- Seam allowances included
- Free access to full step-by-step assembly video
- Bilingual English-French pattern
Paper pattern content:
- 1 pretty printed box
- 1 A0 sheet with full-scale pattern (10% superposition)
- 1 set of detailed assembly instructions illustrated with coloured photos
What you will learn with this pattern (find main techniques videos linked) :
- Assembling a sleeve
- Making French seams
- Sewing pockets on a skirt
- Secure sewing lines before assembly
- Finish a seam with a bias binding
Supplies for sizes 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK) :
- Fabric for midi dress with 7/8 sleeves : 280/280/280/290/300/300/310/310 cm x 140 cm wide (=110/110/110/114/118/118/122/122” x 55” wide) or 230/250/330/330/330/340/340/340 cm x 110 cm wide (=114/114/130/130/130/138/138/138” x 43” wide)
- Fabric for short sleeves: remove 20 cm (=8”) to Fabric lenghts (all sizes and width)
- Fabric for blouse with 7/8 sleeves : remove 110 cm (=43”) to Fabric lenghts (all sizes and width)
- Fabric for long dress with 7/8 sleeves : add 40 cm (=16”) to Fabric lenghts (all sizes and width)
- Buttons (blouse / midi dress / long dress) : 6 / 10 / 13 x diameter 10-12 mm (=0.4-0.5”)
- Fusible grainline (or a 1 cm (=0.4”) width fusible interfacing non extensible band) : max 1 m (=40”)
- Fusible interfacing : 2 m (=78”)
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: very light to medium (70-200 gsm or 3-7 oz.)
- Fabric: batiste, crepe, light denim, viscose...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 8% max