Please note: this pattern requires tracing because the printed pattern pieces overlap.
Helios is a sundress with 2 length options. The V-neck and cinched waist create a feminine appearance, whilst the pretty butterfly sleeves add a floaty look. On the back, the waist is elasticated and a drawstring (selected according to taste) runs through to be front where it is tied. The two sleeve lengths and the three dress lengths make it a very versatile item, ranging from a little beach dress to an elegant cocktail outfit.
- Level: Beginner
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK)
- Bust measurement: 80 to 115 cm (31 to 45 inches)
- Seam allowances included
- Bilingual English-French pattern.
Paper pattern content :
- 1 pretty printed box
- 1 A0 sheet with full-scale pattern (60% superposition)
- 1 set of detailed assembly instructions illustrated with coloured photos
What you will learn with this pattern (find related videos here) :
- Making French seams
- Clean finishing for a V-neck collar
- Create a runner
Supplies for sizes 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK) :
- Fabric (short dress version) : 190/190/190/190/190/190/190/190 cm x laize 140 cm (=75/75/75/75/75/75/75/75” x 55” wide) or 190/190/190/220/220/220/220/220 cm x laize 110 cm (=75/75/75/87/87/87/87/87” x 43” wide )
- Fabric (half-long dress) : add 70 cm (=24”) all width to short dress version
- Fabric (very long dress) : add 120 cm (=48”) all width to short dress version
- Cord : 124/132/140/148/158/170/182/194 cm (=49/52/55/58/62/67/72/76”)
- Elastic band : 32/34/36/38/41/44/47/50 cm (=13/13.5/14/15/16/17/18.5/20”)
- Fusible interfacing : max 40 x 40 cm (=16 x 16”)
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: very light to light (70-200 gsm or 3-6 oz.) and very fluid
- Fabric: batiste, crêpe, light denim, viscose...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 8% max