HONETONE COAT (hon-ee-tone)
View A – A fully lined, grown-on sleeve, thigh length, straight cut coat with interesting pocket details and button front fastening. Pocket 1 (optional) is an inserted pocket to simply pop your hands in and the lower pocket 2 is a large patch pocket to store all your bits and pieces. Some speed tailoring and hand stitched finishes make this a good quality garment which will last and keep its integrity for years to come. Suitable main fabrics are coating wool.
View B – An unlined, grown-on sleeve, hip length, straight cut jacket with an interesting pocket detail and button front fastening. The pocket is an inserted pocket to simply pop your hands in. A simple construction with lots of feature topstitching. Details can be magnified with high contrast topstitch thread. Suitable main fabrics are denim or heavy cotton twill.
Materials View A – based on 150cm (60”) wide fabric
• MAIN FABRIC – 2.1m - 2.5m / 2¼ – 2¾ yds
• LINING FABRIC – 1.6m - 2.2m of 1.4m wide fabric / 1¾ – 2½ yds of 55” wide fabric
• INTERFACING – 1M (1yd) (based on 80cm wide, but widths vary greatly).
• HAIR CANVAS – 0.9m - 1.15m (approximately 1yd)
Materials View B – based on 150cm (60”) wide fabric
• MAIN FABRIC – 1.8m – 2m / 2 - 2¼ yds.
This is rated advanced as there are a lot of steps for and techniques for the lined coat. The denim jacket is suitable for an intermediate sewer.