FULL/PART TIME WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (5 OR 4 days per week)
Hours: 9-5 Monday - Friday with 1 hour lunch break (unpaid)
Salary: £10.90 PH (£19,838 PA)
Benefits Include: Company Pension, Staff Discount and Bonus.
Location: Located in our studio, 5 Chapel Road, Hove, BN41 1PF
ABOUT FABRIC GODMOTHER
Fabric Godmother is an online Fabric and Haberdashery retailer.
We source beautiful dressmaking fabrics and independent sewing patterns from all over the world. We have a studio in Hove where all our fabric is stored, packed and shipped out from.
Fabric Godmother was established in 2011 by Josie and Tivian, who still run the business today. We are now looking to grow our team to support the growth the business has seen over the past years. We have lots of further exciting growth plans for the next few years so this is a very exciting time of change and expansion for the business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Warehouse Assistant to join the team fulfilling customer orders and assisting in the Studio.
Reporting to the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will enjoy being helpful, have a hands-on attitude and be self-motivated even when doing repetitive tasks. They will be organised and a good communicator. Please note: this is a very physical job as you will be on your feet for much of the day and you’ll be lifting heavy rolls of fabric.
Day to day the role includes:
- Packing, weighing and organising shipment of orders
- Inputting data into the postal system
- Cutting samples
- Cutting fabric for orders
- Moving heavy rolls of fabric
You will also be asked to:
- Assist the Team with a range of tasks
- Help to keep the studio clean and tidy
- Unpacking and labelling deliveries
- Assisting with stock management: e.g. stock takes, re ordering, organising studio
- Organised, tidy, efficient and punctual
- Good understanding of using a PC
- Able to lift heavy rolls of fabrics
- Flexible and happy to take on additional duties to help the business
- Good attention to detail and accuracy when cutting fabric and packing orders
- Knowledge and experience of fabric and sewing
Other Skills, desired but not essential:
- Product photography/general photography experience
- Photoshop/lightroom proficiency
- Knowledge of Excel
- Customer Service experience (in person or online)
- Data entry experience
EARLY APPLICATION ADVISED
DEADLINE Sunday 3rd December 2023, email your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Hours and Location: Mon – Fri 9-5, Located in our studio, 5 Chapel Road, Hove, BN41 1PF
(Flexibility on days/hours would be considered for the right candidate)
Salary: £27K - £33K
Fabric Godmother is looking for an experienced Junior Merchandiser, or an Assistant merchandiser ready to take on a new challenge. You will join our Commercial team, to help us manage the stock flow and ordering of our amazing dressmaking fabrics, patterns, haberdashery, etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring sales forecasts and running/analysing weekly sales reports.
You will have previous experience working in a similar role within fashion or fabrics field. You will also have excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail, and an analytical mindset with problem-solving aptitude. You will also demonstrate strong communication skills both written and verbal and an ability to work independently without close supervision.
This role will report directly into the Director and owner of the business and work closely with buying. This is a brand new role for the business, therefore it is a great opportunity for you to make the role your own.
Responsibilities in summary:
· Managing stock flow.
· Order stock for both the retail and wholesale sides of business.
· Sales forecasts.
- Manage the critical path for the wholesale fabrics.
Own the Open to Buy.
Write product descriptions.
Manage product categories on the website.
Run and analyse weekly sales reports.
Ensure good availability across range in both retail and wholesale.
Identify sales opportunities and gaps.
Manage mark downs and promotions.
Oversee faulty stock and returns to suppliers.
Oversee regular stock takes.
Liaising with importers to ensure timely delivery and payment of import charges.
- Cross checking deliveries.
Our non-negotiables –
· Excellent Excel skills
· Experience of managing Open to Buy
· Previous experience of merchandising/ planning
· Some knowledge of textiles or sewing
What you can expect from us –
If you join us, you will be working with a team of professionals, passionate about the textile industry.
Benefits include pension, staff discounts, bonus and team sewing days
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’d love to be part of the Fabric Godmother. We can’t wait to hear from you!