FABRIC GODMOTHER JOB DESCRIPTION:
FULL TIME WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (5 days per week)
Hours: 9-5 Monday - Friday with 1 hour lunch break
Location: Hove East Sussex
ABOUT FABRIC GODMOTHER
Fabric Godmother is an online Fabric and Haberdashery retailer.
We source beautiful dressmaking fabrics and independent sewing patterns from all over the world. We have a studio in Hove where all of the fabric is stored, packed and shipped out from.
Fabric Godmother was established in 2011 by Josie and Tivian, who still run the business today. We are now looking to grow our team to support the growth the business has seen over the past years. We have lots of further exciting growth plans for the next few years so this is a very exciting time of change and expansion for the business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Warehouse Assistant to help get the orders to our customers and assist in the Studio.
The ideal candidate will enjoy being helpful, have a hands on attitude and be self motivated, even when doing repetitive tasks. They will be organised and a good communicator. Please note this is a very physical job you will be on your feet for much of the day and be lifting heavy rolls of fabric.
Day to day the role includes:
- Packing, weighing and organising shipment of orders
- Inputting data into the postal system
- Cutting samples
- Cutting fabric for orders
- Moving heavy rolls of fabric
You will also be asked to:
- Assist the Team with a range of tasks
- Help to keep the studio clean and tidy
- Unpacking and labelling deliveries
- Assisting with stock management e.g. stock takes, re ordering, organising studio
- Organised, tidy and efficient
- Good understanding of using a PC or MAC
- Able to lift heavy rolls of fabrics
- Flexible and happy to take on additional duties to help the business
- Good attention to detail and accuracy when cutting fabric and packing orders
- Knowledge and experience of fabric and sewing
DEADLINE 23rd January 2022, email your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org