We are hiring a Warehouse Assistant!
Location: Portslade, East Sussex
Pay rate: £10.50 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with an hour break
(We would also consider 9am - 5pm for 3 or 4 days per week)
WHO WE ARE
Fabric Godmother is an online fabric and haberdashery retailer.
We source beautiful fabrics and independent sewing patterns from all over the world. We have a studio in Hove where all our fabric is stored, packed and shipped.
Fabric Godmother was established in 2011 by Josie and Tivian, who still run the business today. We are now looking to grow our team to support the growth the business has been over the past years. We have lots of further exciting growth plans for the next few years so this is a very exciting time of change and expansion for the business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Warehouse Assistant to join the team fulfilling customer orders and assisting in the Studio.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will enjoy being helpful, have a hands-on attitude and be self-motivated even when doing repetitive tasks.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Packing, weighing and organising shipment of orders
- Inputting data into the postal system
- Cutting samples and fabric for orders
- Moving heavy rolls of fabric
- Assisting the team with a range of tasks
- Helping to keep the studio clean and tidy
- Unpacking and labelling deliveries
- Assisting with stock management
WHAT WE'D LOVE TO SEE FROM YOU
- You will be organised, tidy, efficient and punctual
- You’ll have a good understanding of using a PC
- You’re able to lift heavy rolls of fabric
- You are flexible and happy to take on additional duties to help the business
- You have a good attention to detail and accuracy when cutting fabric and packing orders
- You have existing knowledge of fabric and sewing, or you’re happy to learn
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
- Living Wage
- Company pension
- Company sick pay
- Bonus scheme
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV to [email protected] and let us know why you’d love to be part of the Fabric Godmother. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Application deadline 8th August 2022