** THIS IS A PDF PATTERN. YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL FILES IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER PURCHASE**
Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. This pattern has 3 PAGES.
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
The Intrepid Boiler Suit is a top-to-toe cover-up that can be made as practical or glamorous as your heart desires! The design features a shoulder yoke, classic shirt collar and slightly tapered leg. The suit fastens with a zip down the centre-front, whilst the waistband casing allows you to cinch in the waist with a belt. You can certainly do more than fix the boiler in this suit... and we guarantee once you have this on you won't want to wear anything else!
Loose-fitting but not baggy. There is a seam around the waist to allow for adjustments to the length of the body - vital for ensuring you can sit down comfortably!
Add as many pockets as you like! Shorten or omit the sleeves for a pinafore version. Once you have the right length in the body you can join the pieces and cut in one for a more stream-lined look. Experiment with fancy top stitching or flat-felled seams for full industrial chic. Free for-button pattern hack is available here.
Intermediate or confident beginner! There's quite a few processes including a yoke, sleeves, waistband casing and inserting a zip.
For full workman chic choose a light-weight denim or cotton twill. For a smarter look a light wool or wool mix (eg. viscose/crepe) in pinstripe or houndstooth check would look great. Go glamorous in heavy-weight silk or polyester crepe or cosy up in a firm wool jersey or ponte version. Avoid anything too stiff or bulky.
- Sizes 8-12 - You will need 3m/3 1/2 yards of 140cm/56" wide fabric.
- Sizes 14-16 - You will need 3.5m/3 3/4 yards 140cm/56" wide fabric.
- Sizes 18-22 - You will need 4m/ 4 1/2 yards 140cm/56” wide fabric
- Zip – for sizes 8-16 you will want a zip approx 50cm/20" long. For sizes 18-22, or if you are tall you may find a 56cm/22" long zip more comfortable.
- OPTIONAL: 4cm wide elastic to go inside waistband casing – you will need the length of your waist measurement minus 10cm.