Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. This pattern has 5 PAGES.
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
** PLEASE NOTE: THIS PATTERN IS FOR HEIGHT 5FT 7" / 170CM. IF YOU REQUIRE HEIGHT 5FT 3" / 160CM, PLEASE SEE THE OTHER LISTING **
Traveller is a mid-calf, double-breasted coat with a moderate oversized silhouette. It features a wide notched collar, dramatic drop shoulders with tabs, standing welt pockets, and a back vent.
Coat outer layer: medium to heavyweight coating fabrics such as wool, cashmere, boiled wool, Melton. Traveller would also make a great mid-season coat if made in denim, gaberdine, or heavier weight linen.
Lining: lightweight slippery fabrics such as satin, silk habotai, cupro, and acetate.
Interfacing: You can choose between woven weft, woven light-weight, or knit interfacing for heavyweight wools.
- 2 buttons of 2 cm (3/4”) - for shoulder tabs
- 6 buttons of 2.5 cm (1”) - front
- 1 internal button of 2.5 cm (1”) - it can be the same as the front buttons
- Stay tape - bias and edge tape
- 2 spools of matching tread
- Basting thread - no special thread required
- Tailor’s ham
- Wood clapper
- Point turner
- Hand sewing needle
- Wool off-cut for pressing
- Buttonhole opener
- Light-weight brush to remove chalk marks (optional)
6 to 22 UK, 34 to 50 EU, 2 to 18 US
All of our patterns are drafted to fit B cup size.
Available from bust 80 cm to 112 cm - 31 1/2" to 44"
Available from hip 87 cm to 119 cm - 34 1/4" to 46 3/4"
The pattern is offered in two height groups: 160 and 170 cm (5’3” and 5’7”), when buying this pattern you should select the closest height to your body, if you are in the middle choose the tallest. Both patterns have exactly the same width around the body the only difference is in the length.
If you are outside these groups, you may need to alter the pattern length at the lengthen/shorten lines marked on the pattern pieces.
The charts below are also visible in the images section