** THIS IS A PDF PATTERN. YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL FILES IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER PURCHASE**
Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. This pattern has 2 PAGES.
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
VALO DRESS & TOP
Skill level: Intermediate
Sizes: EUR 32-56 | US 0-24 | UK 4-28
The Valo pattern includes two variations: a midi dress with an elastic waist and large patch pockets, and a relaxed-fit top with a gathered drawstring waist. Both variations have a distinctive heart-shaped yoke with a scoop neck to front and a V-neck to reverse. The dress hip seam is reinforced with a flat-felled seam, which gives it a lovely shape, and works as a subtle little detail. The dress features elegant half-sleeves whilst the top comes with perky short sleeves. You can also make the dress with short sleeves and a drawstring waist, and the top with half sleeves and an elasticated waist.
Recommended fabrics: Choose a non-stretch, medium weight fabric. You can opt for a low drape fabric, like the linen blend in our samples, or a more drapey one, depending on the desired result. We recommend choosing a contrast colour for the yoke, or using the wrong side of your fabric for contrast or cutting it cross-grain, if your fabric allows.
Materials & supplies:
- Interfacing, 40 cm (½ yd)
- Dress: 4 cm(1 5/8”)ribbon for cord casing,165 cm (2 yd)
- Dress: 3 cm(1 1/8”)elastic, your waist circumference
- Top:2cm(3/4)ribbon for cord casing, 165 cm (2 yd)
- Top: ribbon or cord for drawstring, your waist measurement + 70 cm (3/4 yd)
- Top: cord ends, 2 pcs