** THIS IS A PDF PATTERN. YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL FILES IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER PURCHASE**
Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. Sizes 00-18 have 2 PAGES , sizes 14-30 have 3 PAGES.
- You will need to let us know in the comments which size range you require: Sizes 00-18 or Sizes 14-30.
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
The Smultron Dress is a voluminous, fun dress. It’s so easy to adapt to different lengths and works with an impressive variety of fabrics.
View A is a short, half circle, bias dress with a V-neck yoke, spaghetti straps, and an elastic back. You will learn how to:
- Make spaghetti straps
- Cut a bias dress
- Sew French seams
View B is a short, half circle, bias dress with a slightly curved neckline, spaghetti straps, and back ties.
In addition to what you will learn in View A, you will also learn:
- French seam slit (in the centre back of the dress)
You can of course mix it up and put the back ties on View A, or elastic back on View B. The instructions also show you how to lengthen and shorten the dress, and add optional tiers.
This dress will look great in almost any woven fabrics, but my
favourites for the Smultron include: light to midweight linen, cotton, chambray, rayon challis and twill, taffeta, and seersucker. The bias cut looks especially nice in a gingham or checkered fabric.
- Rat-tail cording or string for straps (about 1 yard/meter) OR loop turner
- 1.25”(3cm) wide non-roll elastic for
View A (30”/70cm long)
- Light interfacing for front yoke
- Safety pin
- Intermediate for V-neck
- Advanced beginner for straight neckline
- 00-30 (Bust 31”-57”)
The Pattern Includes:
- Sewing instructions with clear illustrations for each step
- Print-at-home pattern, A4/letter size
- Copy shop pattern, A0 page size