Here at Fabric Godmother Ltd we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Like anywhere you shop online we collect your personal information. This helps us improve your shopping experience and in the unlikely event that there is a problem with your order we can deal with it quickly.
Fabric Godmother is a limited business and our company number is 09369122. Our registered address is:
Basepoint Business Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-By-Sea BN43 5EG
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE USE?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It only includes basic personal data required for you to be able to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHAT WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO DO WITH THE INFORMATION
At Fabric Godmother we take your privacy seriously and will only use your Information as mentioned above.
However from time to time we would like to inform you of any future offers or how we are doing. This Information is not shared with third party and you can unsubscribe at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
All Information we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union.
Fabric Godmother is a Big Commerce website. When you place an order with us we receive your name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address. We DO NOT store any payment details. This information allows us to process your order, ship it out to you, and get in touch with you should there be any problems.
Royal Mail OBA (Online Business Account)
All of our online shop orders are sent out via Royal Mail. In order to print the shipping label, Royal Mail stores your name and shipping address. Having this information in Royal Mail allows us to see when your order was dispatched, and also allows us to track your order.
We use Gmail for all our company email. If you contact us on any email address ending in @fabricgodmother.com or @fabricgodmother.co.uk, your email address and email content will be stored on Gmail’s servers.
Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform, and we use it to send out our marketing emails. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we store your name, address and email address (depending on what you share with us) on Mailchimp.
Paypal and Stripe Payments
We use both Paypal and Stripe Payments as ecommerce payment providers. When you place an order with us we receive your name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address via the payment provider you choose. We DO NOT store any payment details.
Once we have received your information, we have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
However and unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site at transmission stage; any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed if requested.
The Information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
If at any point you wish to know which Information we are processing about you, or if you do not wish for us to process your Information anymore or if you believe the Information we process on you is incorrect or obsolete you can request to see this Information and/or have it corrected or deleted by us by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Information, please contact us at the email address above to have the matter investigated.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your Information not in accordance with the law you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/