We now sell all our dressmaking fabric in HALF METRE increments. The price is per HALF METRE.
Enter 2 in the quantity box to buy 1 metre etc. All orders will be cut in a continuous piece.
Fabric Godmother will pack and despatch your order within a couple of working days of it being placed, providing payment has gone through
If, for any reason, there is likely to be a delay in despatching your order – such as stock availability – Fabric Godmother will notify you by e-mail
Delivery charges are added automatically as you go through the checkout
Delivery within the UK
Standard First Class Delivery
Time: 3-5 working days
Depending on size and weight, orders are sent by either First Class mail or Standard Parcel. First Class mail is insured for up to £36, and Standard Parcels are insured for up to £34.
Leaving Parcels in a Safe Place
If you choose to instruct the mail carrier to leave your parcel in a safe place such as a shed or porch please note that this is at you own risk as we cannot claim for items that go missing that are not securly delivered.
We cannot take responsibility for the loss of items once they are posted. We get a Certificate of Posting for every order we send out, and Fabric Godmother can make a claim on behalf of customers if an item is lost by Royal Mail.
But you may wish to obtain additional insurance if your order is worth more than the insurance rates (stated above) for each delivery option.
Please contact Fabric Godmother if you would like items to be sent with additional insurance or sent by another carrier. Once this has been arranged, you will receive a Paypal invoice for any additional insurance or carrier costs.
International delivery rates
International delivery rates can vary – especially for very large orders. We’ll notify you of any changes in the delivery cost before the order is despatched, and there is then the opportunity to cancel the order should you wish to.
There may also be additional import duties or customs charges levied in your country – these can sometimes affect deliver times. Please note that we may sometimes send your order in more than once parcel to reduce the cost of postage.
Estimated international delivery charges:
Charge: £10 per delivery address
Time: 8-10 working days
Rest of World
Charge: £12 per delivery address
Time: 12-14 days
If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase from Fabric Godmother and would like a full refund, items can be returned within 7 working days. The items must be in their original condition – including packaging – and the refund excludes posting costs. (Please note special order fabrics are not included in this refund policy)
Please contact us before you return the order.
Fabric Godmother cannot accept liability for returns lost in the post, so we strongly recommend that you obtain a Certificate of Posting or use Recorded Delivery.
We are confident that all items from Fabric Godmother will reach our customers in perfect condition. If an item does arrive faulty or damaged, please contact us by email within 2 working days of receiving and we can arrange for a replacement or a refund. Please note that once a fabric has been cut we cannot accept returns.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I get samples of your fabrics?
You most certainly can. Samples of all Fabric Godmother fabrics are free of charge plus £2.50 P&P (up to 10 samples can be ordered at any one time).
Please use the below link to order samples: (or they can be found under the Fabrics tab)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the Fabric Godmother website terms and conditions. Please read these through carefully before placing your order.
This website and its content is copyright of Fabric Godmother © 2011 all rights reserved.
Product descriptions and colour accuracy
We have taken great care to ensure that Fabric Godmother product descriptions are accurate.
However, we cannot completely guarantee colour accuracy. This is firstly because colour resolutions on computer monitors can vary, so we cannot completely guarantee what our customers are seeing.
Secondly, when photographing fabrics it can, at times, be tricky to achieve an exact colour match – conditions such as lighting can sometimes affect the result. To ensure your chosen fabric is the desired shade, we recommend first ordering a free Fabric Godmother fabric sample (see above).
For advice on shades, colour matching and if you have any questions regarding out stock, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Fabric Godmother products are subject to availability.
On occasion, we only have a limited amount of a certain fabric, and it could be that the fabric you have ordered is no longer available. If this is the case, we will contact you as soon as possible and offer the choice between a full refund and an alternative item of equal value.
When a product is temporarily out of stock, you can back order it. This means we have either already ordered more of this particular product from our suppliers and are waiting to receive it, or, on receiving your order, we will place an order for more.
Delivery time for items that have been back-ordered is generally longer than our standard delivery times, and times can vary depending on the item. If you have any questions about delivery times, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Making a purchase
Before paying for your chosen Fabric Godmother items, customers have the option of registering to create an account (or logging in if already registered).
Registering is completely optional, but it does allow you to pass through check-out more quickly on future visits.
When you check out, a postage charge will be added to the cost of the product(s) being purchased. See delivery details for rates.
Fabric Godmother customers can pay by Paypal and most major credit or debit cards.
Paypal is a safe and common way of paying online, and no financial details – such as card numbers – are ever stored with Fabric Godmother.
After confirming your order at the checkout, you will be passed to the Paypal website to complete your transaction securely, if you do not have a paypal account you will be given the option to pay by credit or debit card without registering for a paypal account.
If you would like to pay by online debit transfer or cheque, please contact us.
Once your order has been received, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from Fabric Godmother. If you do not receive an e-mail within 4 hours, please contact us.
1. The content of the pages of this website is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4. All content available on the website (including, but not limited to, text, graphics, trademarks, logos, images, design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and software) is the property of Fabric Godmother, our affiliates, our partners or our licensors, and is protected by UK and international copyright and trademark laws. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit any of the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
5. You may create links to this website's home page, or to other HTML pages on this website, from other websites. You must notify us if you do so and also ensure that this does not give rise to any copyright or trademark infringements. You are not permitted to link to any document, graphics or other items directly.
6. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
7. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
8. Nothing contained in these Terms & Conditions affects or will affect your statutory rights in relation to the quality, fitness or description of the products supplied.