** THIS IS A PDF PATTERN. YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL FILES IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER PURCHASE**
Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. The A0 file consists of 2 PAGES
- Leave a comment to say if you need sizes 6-16 or sizes 16-22
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
The Apron Dress has all the utility-chic of an apron but fits like a dress. The unique panelled wrap-around design incorporates discreet bust, waist and hip shaping to accommodate all body shapes and sizes. The pattern comes together quickly, with options for extra flourishes such as top stitching, in-seam button-holes, and inset patch pockets. This a practical design that looks just as cool behind the kitchen counter as it does sitting at a bar stool. What are you waiting for? Time to stir up your version!
Hidden, gentle bust-shaping banishes the risk of a floppy neckline and gaping underarm. The dress is semi-fitted through the waist, and skims over the hips with a generous overlap at the back to give room for movement without risk of indecency. The panels make it easy to adjust the fit to suit your personal body shape and desired style. The fit can also be adjusted through the waist according to how you tie it up – double round for a cinch or tie at the side for sophistication (and room for dinner!) The pattern is drafted to sit at knee length with lengthen and shorten lines included on the pattern.
The straps can be attached and tied in multiple ways – straight, crossed, twisted, halter... For a zero-haberdashery option omit the buttons and just use fabric straps; alternatively make a feature of some braces clips or fancy buttons. Or for the lazy option just raid your collection of brooches, badges and pins! There are also lots of ways to tie the dress around the waist for different looks.
Beginner-friendly, with options to show off or learn more advanced sewing skills such as top stitching, in-seam button holes and inset patch pockets.
For a classic apron-style choose a firm fabric like denim, cotton twill or linen. Lighter-weight cottons will also work well for summer; wool suiting or corduroy would be very smart for a winter pinafore version. For a more luxurious slinky look try a heavy crepe.
- Sizes 6-16 - You will need 2m/2 1/4 yards of 110cm/45” wide fabric OR 1.7m/2 yards of 140cm/56" wide fabric.
- Sizes 16-22 - You will need 2.3m/2 1/2 yards 110cm/45” wide fabric OR 2m/2/14yards of 140cm/56" wide fabric.
- Fasteners: 2 or 4 buttons to attach the straps, at least 2cm/3⁄4" diameter. Or braces clips.
- Interfacing: if you are using a fine fabric interface the straps, waist ties and pocket tops with a lightweight interfacing. You will need approx 50cm/20".
- Ribbons: if you don’t want to make your own straps and/or waist ties you could use a wide grosgrain ribbon or cotton webbing – not too soft or too stiff so that it ties nicely. You will need approx 1.5m/13⁄4yards for the shoulder straps and approx 2.5m/3 yards for waist ties.