** THIS IS A PDF PATTERN. YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL FILES IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER PURCHASE**
Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. This pattern has 2 PAGES.
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
The Amy blouse is characterized by its pretty sleeves all in volume, gathered by a central elastic. This gives it a style that is both modern and original.
The blouse is fastened with an invisible zip, however this is optional as the garment and be pulled on and off without one. (The samples photographed here have a visible zip inserted for a different stylistic option.) This blouse can also be sewn with short sleeves or 3/4 sleeves.
This pattern can be made in woven fabric, or knit (jersey) fabric for a sporty look.
Should you use knit fabric:
- Our advice is to select the size just below your normal size so as to have a more fitted blouse.
- It can be tricky to stitch a zip to knit fabric, so you are advised to skip the zip fastening as this style can be put on and off without unless you are an experienced sewer.
On the pictures it has been sew in a:
- Burgundy and blue velvet jersey
- Red viscose (woven)
Intermediate to experienced level
The main difficulty of the Amy blouse is the sewing of the zipper on the back.
Without it, the making of the Amy blouse is accessible to all.
Recommended yardage for a 140cm wide fabric:
- Short sleeves: 105 cm for T34 to 38 / 110cm for T40 to 46
- 3/4 sleeves: 130 cm for T34 to 38 / 135cm for T40 to 46
- Bias: T34: 60cm / T36: 61cm / T38: 62 cm / T40: 63 cm / T42: 64 cm / T44: 65 cm / T46: 66 cm
- 1 zip length 10 or 15cm
- Flexible elastic 5 to 7mm wide:
- Total elastic length short sleeves (to be divided in 2): 47cm for T34 to 38 / 49cm for T40 to 42 / 51cm for T44 to 46
- Elastic total length 3/4 sleeves (to be divided in 2): 93cm for T34 to 38 / 95cm for T40 to 42 / 97cm for T44 to 46
SIZE CHART: **PLEASE NOTE: THIS PATTERN INCLUDES SIZES 34-46 / UK 6-18 ONLY**