** THIS IS A PDF PATTERN. YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL FILES IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER PURCHASE**
Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. This pattern has 1 PAGE.
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
The Sonic jacket is a pretty jacket for mid-season, the ease of which allows you to wear a small, light sweater underneath. It can be closed with a zip or closed with buttons. Its beautiful topstitching, the gathers on the sleeves and the front give it a unique look, with a style that is both sporty and feminine .
- Can be made with zip or button fastenings
- Vest pockets
- Tailored sleeves ending with a deep cuff. Gathers on the sleeve head.
- Lined front and back yokes. It is advisable to use a lining fabric for the interior panels in order to avoid bulk.
- Topstitching details
- The seam allowances are included and are 1cm
SIZES: Board of patterns ranging from size 34 to 46, i.e. a chest size from 81 to 108 cm.
FABRIC: To make the Sonic jacket you can use denim, gabardine, jacquard, tweed ...
RECOMMENDED METERAGE FOR 140cm WIDE FABRIC:
The fabric yardage required to make the “Sonic” jacket is the same for the zip version and the button version. On the other hand, it is different depending on the size and the finishing options (interior inserts in the lining or in the main fabric) that you want to sew.
Interior panels made of main fabric:
- Main fabric: 160cm for T34 and 36 / 185cm for T38 to 46
- Lining fabric: 25cm
Interior panels made of lining fabric:
- Main fabric: 150cm for T34 and 36 / 170cm for T38 to 46
- Lining fabric: 35cm
- Iron-on for the collar, cuffs, zip or button tabs, waistband and pocket tabs
- 90cm bias if you want to wrap the inside of the pockets
For the zip version:
- 1 detachable zip 40cm in length
- 5 buttons approximately 2 cm in diameter (4 for the cuffs and 1 for the belt)
For the button version:
- 5 buttons about 2.5cm in diameter for the front
- 4 buttons of about 2cm in diameter for the wrists