** THIS IS A PDF PATTERN. YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL FILES IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER PURCHASE**
Did you know we can print out this pattern on A0 paper and post it to you?
- If you would like us to print out this pattern for you, add this pattern to your cart, then click here.
- It will then ask you how many pages your pattern has. This pattern has 2 PAGES.
- You do not need to upload the pattern file.
For more information about PDF pattern printing check out our PDF Guide.
The Cosmo Dress is a playful cut-and-sew knit dress with milkmaid style sleeves and a sexy slit in the skirt.
It’s a great pattern for bright fabrics, colourblocking or neutrals. This easy-to-wear style is classy enough for cocktail bars and sexy enough for a hot date.
The Cosmo has a flattering gathered bust and a firm-fitting bodycon cut. It is "pull-over" styling, so it has no zippers or buttons to worry about. Fit it to your body and it will give you a "spanx" effect, exaggerating your natural curves.
These instructions are aimed at intermediate sewers. You will need a good sewing vocabulary and a little bit of experience sewing with knit fabrics.
**A serger is required to make this dress**
Sewing Machine Requirements
• An overlocker (serger) threaded up for stretch knits is required for the main seams.
• A sewing machine with a ballpoint needle for the slit.
This pattern is designed for knitted fabrics with a minimum of 5% spandex (aka lycra). The fabric should have at least 20% stretch. Ideal fabrics include ponte, scuba knit, sateen or thick jersey.
• 1.8m (2 yards) of fabric with a width of 150cm (60”)
• 1.4m (1.5 yards) of knitted elastic with a width of 5-7mm (1/5”-1/4”)
• A medium sized safety pin
• Sizes A-G (US 2-14, AUS & UK 6-16)
You will receive:
• A Print-At-Home PDF: 22 x A4 or US Letter pages.
• A Copy Shop PDF: 2 x A0 pages
• An instruction file: 11 pages of very detailed sewing instructions with illustrations.